It is clear that if we want to improve our
safety performance and create a working
environment where no one gets hurt, then we
need to directly address behaviours in the
The behaviours we all need to demonstrate
are not complex. They are easily followed and
clearly visible. This means we can observe
and then correct or support them.
Fundamental Safety Principles
- Everyone is accountable for following
- If in doubt safety ALWAYS takes
- Safe practices and procedures must
always be followed.
- Always challenge 'At Risk Behaviours',
omissions or hazardous conditions.
- Report all incidents and hazardous
situations - if unsure report anyway.
- Work must be authorised before it
- Stop any work activity if you feel unsafe or uncomfortable and always communicate your concerns.