Recently, A PDO Contractor electrician was tasked to measure the distance of low voltage electrical cable from the Distribution Board to the Transformer foundation 150 meters away from the abandoned Camp at Fahud.
While unscrewing the neutral point, the spanner slipped from his hand and came in contact with adjacent live terminals causing an electrical flash-over. The electrician sustained burns on his face, both ears, neck and both hands. He is admitted in the burns unit of Khoula Hospital. Full investigation has been initiated.
This safety alerts is to remind all PDO and Contractor Staff to abide and FOLLOW the Electrical Safety Rules and particularly to consider that all apparatus, conductors and equipment within PDO Electrical System Network are LIVE until ISOLATED and proved DEAD (Section 5 of SP1104)