This alert is based on a series of incidents happed while working with grinder.
Grinding machines and abrasive wheels should always be used in accordance with the manufacturer¿s instructions.In particular:
- Wear all required personal protective equipment such as eye, face, and
hearing protection; as well as gloves and safety shoes.
- Always ensure the maximum speed (the no load rpm) marked on the abrasive
wheel is greater than the rated speed of the grinder.
- Do not use grinding wheels that are larger than the maximum recommended
size, or worn down wheels from other grinders.
- Never use grinding wheel power tools without the wheel guard attached to
the tool and positioned for maximum safety.
- Store and handle abrasive wheels with care and inspect them for chips or
cracks before installing.
- Do not use any wheel that may be damaged.