Coronavirus: Staying Safe during Eid Al Fitr
At the start of this message I would like to thank all our front line staff and contractors for their exceptional contributions during these unprecedented times resulting from the Coronaviris pandemic. Your efforts in ensuring that we continue to produce Oil and Gas safely are truly appreciated by all my MDC colleagues.
Regrettably, as I am sure you are aware the number of Coronavirus cases in Oman continues to rise with now 5,671 people testing positive and sadly 26 deaths. As we enter the final few days of Ramadhan 2020 and prepare to celebrate Eid Al Fitr, I wanted to emphasise the importance of Staying Safe and to adhere to the latest instructions from the Supreme Committee that are in place to protect everyone and were highlighted in a previous communication. We need to flatten the curve and it is only with everyone’s full cooperation that we will succeed.
Interior Working over Eid Al Fitr
For those of you working in the Interior over Eid, I want to remind you of the importance of the following which are designed to protect your well being:
- Maintain social distancing whilst at work and also when returning to your accommodation.
- Use recommended PPE for critical jobs where social distancing is not possible. Following the Supreme Committee’s ruling on face masks, the Company will provide a separate update shortly.
- Under no circumstances should you attend gatherings or eat with colleagues. Meals should be collected in the packs provided by the catering teams and eaten individually in your own room.
- Follow the hygiene guidance at all times, especially washing hands regularly with sanitiser or soap and water.
- Everyone is expected to work their full shifts and not to take time out visiting family or away from work.
The Company’s overall approach to Coronavirus is set out by the Supreme Committee rulings and the associated instructions from the related government bodies. Please note that we have therefore asked our onsite PDO and contractor management to strictly enforce these rules which are there to protect everyone. If we or our contractors become aware of people ignoring the instructions and the actions the authorities will take, we will have no hesitation in supplementing this by implementing Company consequence management and disciplinary procedures.
Eid Al Fitr Holiday
For those of you who are able to enjoy the holiday away from work, we strongly encourage you to follow the instructions to avoid family gatherings, do not travel and stay at home. As announced on Monday, the ROP has been authorised to monitor the compliance of individuals and will impose fines and detain violators as necessary.
It is only by strictly following the guidelines that we can support our medical professionals to manage the pandemic, protect the lives of family, friends and colleagues and help us to return to a more normal way of life sooner rather than later.
Eid Mubarak and Please Stay Safe.
Khamis Al Saadi
Asset Director and Chairman of the COVID-19 Response Committee